Dr Matt Thompson
Dr. Matt Thompson is an American dentist who moved to Singapore from the United States in 2013 and has experience practicing dentistry in both the US and Singapore. With a commitment to excellence and extensive training, Matt provides first-class care with a welcoming style.
Dr. Matt believes in life-long learning and constant self-improvement. He regularly attends seminars, symposiums (including the Master Aesthetics Veneers Symposium) and courses to stay up-to-date on the latest techniques, technology, and research so he can provide patients with the highest level of care. With his conservative yet holistic approach, he is able to personalize care to each and every patient.
As a father of two, Matt is great with kids and has a warm, calming chair-side manner. He believes patient education is crucial and will spend time answer any questions or concerns you may have before ever moving forward with a recommend treatment. Matt also has extensive experience treating patients with dental anxiety, and believes a comforting style and personalized techniques translate to minimal discomfort.
Matt’s caring nature is also reflected in his passion for philanthropy. He has participated in several humanitarian medical/dental relief efforts around the world.
- El Salvador, CMDA Medical/Dental Mission trip
- Caring for Cambodia, Angkor Hospital for Children
- Costa Rica, ULACIT medical/dental outreach
- Tennessee Rescue Missions
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital/Target House
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology (BCMB), graduated with honors, University of Tennessee, USA
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), graduated with high honors, University of Tennessee College of Dentistry, USA
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- The American Dental Association (ADA)
- The Singapore Dental Association (SDA)
- Aesthetic Dentistry Society of Singapore (ADSS)
- General family dentistry
- Smile Transformation
- Aesthetic dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Implants and tooth replacement
- Pain relief
- Endodontics (root canal treatment)
- Facial aesthetics (i.e. injectables & dermal fillers)
- Sedation Dentistry
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Spanish (conversational)
- Spending time with family
- SCUBA diving
- Wakeboarding & surfing