expatdental®'s Smile Transformation
Let's digitally design your new smile.
So, why change your smile? Some clients have teeth that are functionally okay, but they are self conscious about how they look. This can have an impact on both your work and personal life, and prevent you from smiling freely.
With narrow teeth that ran in his family, our client Shaun wasn’t thrilled with his smile. And instead of letting it bother him any longer, he came to expatdental® for a Smile Transformation. Shaun explains why paying more for the result he wanted was vital, and how expatdental® service and team came through, so he could smile with confidence.
A core philosophy in expatdental®’s Smile Transformation is making sure we work towards giving clients what they want, and not what we THINK they need. In every Smile Transformation case, we believe it’s important for our dentists to go shoulder-to-shoulder with you on your journey and do everything we can to provide you with the smile of your dreams.
You might have heard many terms when it comes to creating a new smile such as Digital Smile Design and Smile Makeover. At expatdental®, we call our digital process Smile Transformation because that’s what we believe it can provide to our clients – and that’s what we’ve seen firsthand in some of our patients.
1. Smile consultation & data gathering
Our dentist and you will talk about your concerns and expectations. After we understand what you want, we'll get a baseline of your teeth and facial form by taking x-rays, digital 3D scans, photographs and videos.
2. Digital Smile Design
Using the data we compiled, we'll create a Digital Smile Deign together that tries to reflect what you want but also considers the established relationship between your speech, teeth, lips and smile. This is when we can revisit and adjust your design.
3. Trial smile / smile prototype
Once we agree on a design, we create a "trial smile" so you can see exactly what your new smile will look like. You can even wear your trial smile home so you can get the opinion of your family and friends.
3. Treatment plan
We don't believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Our team will map out the various ways you can get the smile that you want, while also taking into consideration your budget and how quickly you want the transformation.
4. Smile Transformation
Once we embark on your Smile Transformation, we will do everything we can to get it right. Our team uses materials and techniques to help your smile lasts for the longest amount of time possible.
5. Follow-up & Warranty
After your final treatment, we'll schedule a follow up to find our how you're doing and ensure you're happy with your smile. All expatdental® our works comes with a Service & Material Warranty. Learn more
Have you always wanted a change in your smile? Do you have to think about your teeth when you talk, teeth or laugh. Let’s talk. We know what it means to have confidence in your smile and we know the impact a smile can have in your life. In fact, that’s why we do what we do.
If you want a fundamental overhaul or only want to do minor tweaks, we can help. Our plan and pricing will be clearly outlined so we can not only meet your expectations, but exceed them.
What questions do you have?
Simply put, Smile Transformations are one of our passions. There are 3 key reasons our patients choose expatdental® for their Smile Transformation:
- Digital & material approach – We believe in using dental technology and materials so your smile can last as long as possible.
- Customer satisfaction – We believe that what you have to say to us is just as important as what we have to say to you. At the end of the Smile Transformation, we want you to be happy and we’ll work hard get there.
- Transparent plan and pricing – When it comes to pricing, no one likes surprises. We’ll outline and agree to everything before treatment begins so you can be confident in the process.
There is no standard price for a Smile Transformation. That’s because we build a custom treatment plan for your unique situation. There are many ways to get the smile you’re after so let’s design a treatment plan that fits your schedule and budget.
Please note that if you commit to a full treatment plan, we will roll the cost of the consultation into the price of the dental work.
You can’t ever guarantee anything with the human body, but what we can do is stand by our work. See our Service Promise and material warranty details here.
We are firm believers that dentistry shouldn’t hurt. That’s why we have a complimentary comfort menu to make sure you have everything you need during your visit. If for any reason you do feel any pain or discomfort, you can inform our dentist and they will provide options to help make your experience more comfortable.
Your treatment plan depends on your unique situation, and how much time and money you would like to dedicate to the process. A Smile Transformation could include any of the items below, but you will likely only have to do a few steps to get your dream smile.
- Orthotics – Devices used to align and straighten.
- Crowns – Permanent caps placed on damaged teeth to protect and cover a tooth.
- Extractions – The complete removal of one or more teeth from the mouth.
- Implants – A metal post that replaces damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth.
- Porcelain veneers – Thin custom-made covers bonded to the front surface of a tooth to improve the appearance.
- Whitening – the process of lightening the color of your teeth if they have become yellowed.
- Periodontal treatment –Healthy gums are vital for any smile transformation because they are the basis of what your healthy mouth is built on. Various periodontal treatments may be performed before commencing any other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Tooth contouring – The process of reshaping individual teeth is a convenient, fast, minimally invasive way to get a more uniform look with your teeth.
This is the advantage of Digital Smile Design – if you’re not happy with your trial smile we can easily adjust things until we get to what you want. Our specialized software allows the team to design a variety of tooth design outcomes, before we start work. This flexibility coupled with great communication ensures that we are able to better understand what you’re really looking for and plan your end result.
We believe specialists are important. That’s why we’ve chosen a partner who specializes in designing full mouth restorations. In addition to being focused at what they do, they are also located in Singapore. This allows us to have faster turn-around times on any adjustments you might need.
When it comes to materials, we typically use the following to ensure you get the most longevity out of your new smile.
- Orthotics – Invisalign / clear liners, ceramic braces, lingual braces and metal braces
- Crowns – Zirconia
- Implants – Titanium screw with a Zirconia crown
- Veneers – Porcelain
- Whitening – Zoom!
The process will depend on what you’re trying to achieve and how many rounds of changes you need. If there are no implants involved and you’re happy with the design, then you can expect a smile makeover in 4-6 weeks.
For cases that utilize implants, then it can take between 8-12 months to allow the implant time to integrate with the bone before we can make additional changes.
To achieve your smile makeover, we will gather A LOT of data. This included photos and videos as well as using our dental technology:
- Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT)
- 3 Shape Intra-Oral Scanner
- 3D printer
We know that a Smile Transformation is an investment in both your time and money. This is why we use specific materials and procedures. With proper hygiene and care, most Smile Transformations can last a lifetime. At the very least, we expect them to last 20-30 years.
During the Smile Transformation process, you may have to be more cautious when it comes to what you eat as well as your hygiene. However, most patients can eat and go about life normally once your transformation is done.
Our dentist will outline all the possible situations that may happen in your unique situation. Generally, most patients are fine as long as they maintain good hygiene and continue their routine dental care. We will also have a review after your procedure to address any immediate concerns, and can always set up another appointment if any discomfort arises.
Confused with all the terms? No worries. Let’s break it down:
- Smile Transformation – expatdental®’s process of using passion, technology and cosmetic dentistry treatments to give you your new smile.
- Digital Smile Design – a technical tool that we use to design and modify the smile of patients digitally. This will then be turned into a “trial smile” with our 3D printer.
- Smile Makeover – Another phrase for using a combination of cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve the appearance of the smile.
- Implants – A metal post that replaces damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth. This is a treatment that could be used in your Smile Transformation / Smile Makeover.
- Porcelain veneers – Thin custom-made covers bonded to the front surface of a tooth to improve the appearance. This is a treatment that could be used in your Smile Transformation / Smile Makeover.
- Hollywood Smile – Hollywood smile is the same as Digital Smile Design. It is a tool that allows a patient to plan and visualise their dream smile and was often used by Hollywood celebrities so that they can quickly and confidently achieve their ideal smile for the cameras. The Hollywood smile was pioneered in 1930’s by a Hollywood dentist who first used veneers. Thus the name.